There were several things that Michael Jacobs, Ben, Rowan and Sabrina said at the Boy/Girl Meets World Panel which was held at the ATX Festival last weekend. FanBolt did an article which touched on some things that they felt were good things from the panel.
– Michael Jacobs told fans that they definitely won’t be happy with Shawn and Angela’s reunion. “You guys are going to kill me for what I did to Shawn and Angela.”
– We learned that this season the mystery of Maya’s father will be solved. He’ll be making an appearance in ‘Girl Meets Forgiveness’ when Corey teaches the class a lesson on (you guessed it) forgiveness. Fans will find out who Maya’s father is and why he left. Let the theories roll in!
– If you wanted more Minkus you’re in for a treat! Lee Norris will return 3 times during the show’s second season and we’ll get to meet his wife/Farkle’s mother!
– Rowan and Sabrina are just as cute in real life as you’d want them to be. When they talked about casting Sabrina, Rowan admitted she knew her bff would be cast immediately after auditioning. “When we read together our hearts clicked…She got cast 3 days after she read and I knew she’d get cast.”
– Michael Jacobs has the entire series mapped out already! “I have a plan and it is through to the end of the series,” revealed the creator.
– Boy Meets World fans are in for a treat! A Cory and Topanga-centric episode is coming 🙂
Read the rest of the fantastic post here: http://www.fanbolt.com/63104/atx-festival-2015-boy-meets-girl-meets-world-panel-recap
Ben tweeted a picture of him with showrunner Michael Jacobs, Will, Matt, Anthony and Rusty on the set of Girl Meets World. We think this picture is from the episode they were filming which was “Girl Meets Semi-Formal” since it seems Will and Matt are wearing similar outfits. If this is the case, then most likely Anthony was visiting them. Rusty is a part of the production team.
It's all coming together pic.twitter.com/FSSRmSpW0r
— Ben Savage (@BenSavage) June 11, 2015
Michael Jacobs, Sabrina and Rowan attended the red carpet at the ATX Festival last weekend. They talked about season 2 and how the characters are all growing. They said that with the Boy Meets World cast members being there, it’s helping them improve with the humor, etc.
FanBolt.com talked with Michael Jacobs, Ben, Rowan and Sabrina at the ATX Festival over the weekend. Michael talked about why Shawn and Angela didn’t end up being married and it seems like he reveals the outcome of Riley and Lucas (which we have in bold).
“…Let’s go to Shawn and Angela. Am I supposed to have them get married and have a perfect happy TV ending? Am I really supposed to do that? Would I be grossly irresponsible if I did and diminish the rare and precious relationship that Cory and Topanga have. I have one set of friends, one, who met in high school and married. One. If I had 2, it would diminish it for me.
Now, but there’s another issue. We had the most beautiful New York Times article about Boy Meets World having…the first relationship that never spoke of it [being interracial]. Never mentioned it! Because there were plenty of relationships on television across the board, we never mentioned it! We didn’t want to exploit that.
Shawn found Angela from a purse that contained items that he loved and so he fell in love with this girl in high school. The relationship lasted into college. But it could not have been more clearly defined that Angela had a choice. That Shawn wanted to ask Angela to marry him, which would have been wrong. When they were sitting in the apartment with the dog…and they had the New York Times and a cup of coffee and the sun streaming in, and they realized that [the situation] was Cory and Topanga, who were living in that horrible college dorm. [Shawn and Angela] were artificial. It wasn’t so!
So the question is “what are we doing?” And I say to the writing staff “if Shawn and Angela do not end up together, we’re going to get tremendous heat and backlash. Why?” and the answer is because Boy Meets World is still on the air. You are re-living a romance 6 hours a day!…Let’s pretend it wasn’t on. Let’s pretend it’s gone for 15 years. Shawn and Angela clearly haven’t seen each other for 15 years. Shawn and Angela weren’t together for 15 years. Angela went on a life with her father and it was a military existence. Shawn tried, and failed, to do so.
Read Full Article
If you weren’t able to attend the “Dinosaurs” panel with Michael Jacobs this past weekend at Alamo Drafthouse in Austin (you can see the event page here), you’re in a for a treat! Alamo Drafthouse uploaded a 53 minute video of the panel onto their YouTube account.
Michael Jacobs said during the Girl Meets World panel at ATX Festival that they would probably be getting news on Season 3 next month! If you would like listen to the panel check out the post that we did early. It contains a link to where you can hear the panel.
Picture Credit: @Naangel55 on Twitter
We have gathered a bunch of tweets from people who were live tweeting during the Boy Meets Girl Meets World panel at the ATX Festival. You can read them all below! There are some good Girl Meets World scoops.
— Sarah (@Naangel55) June 5, 2015
— Jasmine Alyce (@Thejasminealyce) June 5, 2015
— Talk Nerdy With Us (@TalkNerdyWithUs) June 5, 2015